Wednesday, August 28, 2013

so much fun!






One of my favorite parts of my job as the creative director for a beauty retailer is the model shoots. I don’t work in an environment that has a coordinator for these - so I basically get to meet each model at the model call, then I work directly with the agency, the wardrobe stylist and the hair and makeup stylist. 

Over the years, I’ve been really fortunate to work with industry experts and I’ve learned so much from each shoot. I love the talent that we get to work with. Each shoot brings new challenges, new hair and makeup looks and really fun personalities. 

I simply can’t say enough about Sara Domi, who owns a salon on 5th street in Austin. Whenever I can work with her, I jump at the chance. She is beyond talented and FAST. Another huge bonus is that she’s just a really nice person and very open to new ideas. She always brings fresh styles and usually knows our products so well, that she brings out the best in them. 

Although it’s a lot work to produce at shoot - which usually occurs in a very short amount of time, it’s just a lot of fun. When the shoot is over, I comb through all of the amazing images to determine which ones are the absolute best to select for post production and usage. The models are so talented, they make this part of the project really difficult.

There are days when I come home from work and just realize how fortunate I am. I always feel this way after a big shoot. I hope you have an element of your daily gig that brings this much fun and excitement to your work. If not, try to find some new opportunity within your position where you can do something a little fun. You’ll shine in the opportunity if you are enjoying what you’re doing. Go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment