Monday, September 9, 2013

excited about - flats with a point






I’m a sucker for cute shoes, but lately - I’ve been gravitating toward styles that some might 
refer to as “comfortable.” I don’t care because I really don’t feel as though I’m sacrificing style for comfort.

On the weekends, except for church services, I been living in my Tretorns, my Birkenstocks (which as of this summer are a new thing for me  - and I’m really LOVING them) and running shoes. It’s intentionally a low key wardrobe and - yes - very comfortable.

I’ve purchased these pair of simple flats for the office/church - and I’m pretty excited because while they are flat, and simple - they really do work with most outfits (even pencil skirts!) and still feel elevated. I think the simplicity of the style actually adds to the total professional vibe. There are zero embellishments other than the pointed shape and the shine of the patent leather.

They are completely comfortable - although I had to purchase a half size up from my typical shoe size from this brand. They are available in two other colors - an orange shade called Burnished Rust, and a neutral blush called Soft Desert. I wish there were more colors available, such as a Navy option. I would snap them up quickly. Just sayin’. I am a VIV fan.

J.Crew VIV Patent Flats, item 71801 $188 
Photo from jcrew.com

No comments:

Post a Comment