Tuesday, April 27, 2010

what to wear?


My closet is not very deep in tons of clothes. It's partly due to the fact of "who has time to shop?" and partly because it's not often that I find items that I just have to have (my husband might completely disagree!). So, when getting ready for work, I used to question when I last wore a certain item especially a recent addition that I would just LOVE to wear (just like a kid!). I say "used to question" because I developed for myself a new closet organizing system that makes it really easy to remember what I've worn to the office lately.

Basically, I hang my complete outfits I've worn in daily order from least to most recent (right to left; tops up top and bottoms below). When dry cleaning (or good 'ol laundry) is needed - then I just leave a couple of hangers in that place so that I know that I have something being cleaned that will eventually go there. This is my very simple (didn't cost anything!) solution to keep up with my workday wardrobe and it really works for me.

If you have a great solution for this - I'd LOVE to hear it!

P.S. Please don't leave mean comments about my hangers. I realize that they are not from The Container Store - yet. It's a work in progress and when determining an order of priority for spending money - hangers hasn't hit the top of the list - yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment