Friday, January 20, 2012

Check YOU out!




When I imagine the most ideal professionals, they always have a super smart wardrobes and are on top of their game in the office. The women have fantastic hair, perfect manicures and a slim fitting, smart outfit complete with really yummy shoes. The men have crisp shirts and nice watches or pens.

I don’t know why I associate these particular attributes with the genders, but I do.

In making my new years resolutions, I literally wrote “Amp up office style.”

Last week, one of the executives at work mentioned a fellow employee and the conversation literally shifted into a moment of style appreciation. Basically, this particular employee was looked upon in a very favorable light because they give a lot of effort in their professional appearance at the office (as well as being very talented in their position) - ESPECIALLY on Fridays, which are “business casual.”

Say what you will about performance, but the style you bring to work each day will get you noticed.

The question is - are you being noticed for how great you look (and make the company look) OR are you being overlooked because you don’t stand out in a really good, pulled together, “I GOT this,” type of fashion?

No comments:

Post a Comment