Monday, January 16, 2012

On this day . . .



Today is a VERY special day in our household. It’s my son’s birthday. He’s smack in the middle of TWEENhood.
What I really remember most about this day is the fact that for both of my kiddos, I was healthy enough to be able to work right up until their birth. I scheduled their births for induced deliveries - don’t judge (I simply didn’t want to be the woman who had their water break at the office).
Anyhoo - both kiddos were born on Tuesdays. Linda (a very nice, interesting lady that I used to get my nails done with) told me that “Tuesday’s child was full of grace.” I was HOOKED on that particular day of the week.
During my pregnancies, I was terrified of a difficult (read: painful) labor/delivery. Ergo, I really leaned heavily on the support of my family as well as my office-mates and friends. Both times, I was very fortunate to have been blessed with non-painful, non-drama births. Which goes to prove that “we have nothing to fear, but fear itself.”
We didn’t find out the gender of either child until they were delivered (I LOVE the surprise!) and so the office had a pool for gender and size (I think). When my son was born, I remember thinking - it’s just a little after five, so I can call the office and let them know that “it’s a BOY!”  SUCH A THRILL!
Made even better when my friends from work (Julie, Lee, Denise and Seana) came to the hospital the next day to see me and meet him.
Yep - today is a special day. I worked with some very special friends. Now this kiddo is ELEVEN. Time flies. And YES, I think Linda’s theory was just right. He’s a terrific boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment