Tuesday, January 17, 2012

What a difference a year makes



A LOT can (and will) change in a year.
We’ve had members of our team change, AND as a result we have new folks who’ve been terrific to work with and get to know.
I’ve completely changed how I take notes (thank you iPad & Evernote!).
We’ve reconsidered (and are still considering) the physical space of the team.
We’ve been researching new software to manage projects better - and have finally found what we believe is a VERY amazing custom solution.
We’ve been given several new exciting projects to develop - and that’s probably one of the BEST parts of the development of our team’s skills.
We’ve been given more  to handle, more to do - and we’ve met those challenges with great attitudes.
We’ve grown together.
We’ve learned more (thank you Lynda.com!).
I’m very excited about this upcoming year.
On a personal level, there are some things that didn’t really change. For instance: 
Still working on building industry relationships - although the conference I attended last year definitely (and am looking forward to this year) helped & so did the professional association I joined. 
I’ll always need to focus on my family (because they are ALL awesome!). I’ve already proven that I’m still a workaholic, but when I’m home - I’m REALLY home with them. I don’t check my phone for emails or texts. I AM, however, guilty about Twitter. Addictive! 
Listening skills - better, still no cigar. Check, continue to work on that.
I worked on the sleep thing last year. Not too terrific, but this year we have a dog and earlier workouts (very routine) - and that “less TV” thing helps also.
Lots of expectations for this year, but lots of confidence.
How was your last year, and what are you doing different or what are your focused on to prepare for this new year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment