Tuesday, May 4, 2010

making up for lost time


The unexpected meeting that comes out of nowhere! It seriously wasn’t on my calendar, but it happened - an unscheduled, very important (two hour!) meeting smack in the middle of an already very full day. 

Had to attend. Had to participate - so while I took other work to look at while trying hard to remain fully engaged in the important meeting, the meeting totally won. It’s impossible for me not to pay attention to items for which I’m responsible.

The meeting aftermath? Work through lunch, work fast, do the best job possible with the time I have and stay focused (and away from email!).

Did it work? We’ll know tomorrow. Been there, done that? How did you handle it?

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, misread for a moment as Beer there, done that? and thought, well, if there was beer there, why the anguish?
    It wasn't until hours later that I realized that a) beer there wouldn't have mattered much to you, and b) that the last time I did do a beer there, done that meeting it wasn't a meeting so much as a happy hour and that no I shouldn't have done that thank you very much anyway for asking.
    Apologies: what was the question?

    ReplyDelete