Wednesday, May 26, 2010

where the mess is



Okay - so that picture is embarrassing. It’s my kitchen and this is the exact way I found it when I got home tonight from work (and picking up the daughter from cheer practice).  There are school projects that have already been graded and sent home, toys, books, a box FULL of crafty materials (for any creative notion that my kiddos have), and yes - that’s a cooler with a foam fan finger (can’t really explain that!). 

I really do strive for crisp, clean, organized, being “on top of things” in the office - EVERY DAY. Leaving work with papers on my desk makes me cringe. Finding neat-looking , but unusual containers is my idea of a Saturday morning well spent. Projects need to have schedules and to meet their deadlines (with creative objectives met). I like to be prepared for meetings and to be a contributor. Looking my best for work is also important: office appropriate outfit (including cute shoes!), good makeup (lip gloss always with me), and good hair. I like to basically “have it together” and to be considered a strong asset where I work.

Once I get home in the evenings (which is frequently late) - I do not immediately tell the kids to clean up their stuff from the kitchen table. The moment I enter the house, I’m trying to determine best late meals for us, what the new “note from the teachers” are all about, and I tend to trade my high heels for comfy slippers. Tickle fights, riding bikes or just spending time with the kids. 

I realize that this area of my house is messy. While I’m a little specific about neatness at the office - clearly, I like comfort of imperfection at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment