Sunday, May 2, 2010

touch of nature



I've always been fascinated by the little something extra that people add to their daily wardrobe. I am a big fan of a certain accessory - the wooden bead. On various vacations, I've found a few pieces that I really enjoy adding to some of my standard outfits which make them feel a little more exotic (at least to me).

Wooden jewelry adds a little spice and looks good with so many colors and styles. I love it with black!  Courtney (the mom on the new Bravo TV series "9 by Design") reminded me of this. She wears a wooden bracelet (along with several string bracelets and a big man's watch). 

I've literally stopped people in airports to compliment their pieces of interesting jewelry and really question where they had gotten them. It's a great way to meet interesting people.

I enjoy adding a single piece of interest to a very typical working outfit. One long strand of little wooden beads to a simple white shirt - SO COOL, stylish, yet so humble. It's a great idea for this coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment