Wednesday, March 10, 2010

breakfast of champions

It's a very standard morning routine.

When I get to work in the mornings, I go to the break room.

I put my lunch in the frig, fill my cup full of ice and water - grab two straws and head back to my office.

I use one straw for my water (lids are important for clumsy spillers like myself) and one straw for my protein shake.

I always enjoy this specific protein shake and Luna bar (Caramel Nut Brownie - it's like dessert in the morning, but a healthy one!) while sorting through a ka-billion emails.

The combo of the two always makes me super thirsty - so I chase it with a lot of water.

This breakfast keeps me full and happy until lunch (which sometimes happens much MUCH later in the afternoon).

It's my morning routine. It's mindless, but I guess that's the definition of "routine." It gives me comfort that I don't even think about it anymore. Some people think about their morning Starbucks order or what the company deli is offering for the breakfast "special," but for me - I would rather just already know that this morning routine will take absolutely no thought, (as long as I purchase enough to last for the week) so I can focus my mind on more important topics of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment