Tuesday, March 30, 2010

who inspires you?


I’m so lucky to work with people who are smart and know their stuff. I have camaraderie with these people as we have worked together for many years. I am inspired by how much they know, their talent and their individual style. Here are some reasons why I am inspired by this team:
- they do their homework, meaning they research industry trends and are prepared for work
- they have amazing talent and are so smart, but don’t act like a “know-it-all”
- they have a helpful mindset and will give more than expected without resentment
- they don’t have a sense of entitlement or negative attitude
- they have great ideas of their own and take initiative
- they have great communication skills
- they know how to “sell” their concepts and ideas
- they take calculated risks, but with great optimism
- they are great at team building and reach out to expand our sense of community with other departments
- they push for better processes, organization and talent

Those are just a few of the reasons, but there are more (not as performance-driven):
- they have great individual style (yep, let’s put that first!)
- they are fun to be around, they make me (and others) laugh
- they know their own strengths and weaknesses
- they LIKE to work and push themselves very hard

These people inspire me every day. They motivate me to do my best work. Who do you work with that pushes, drives and inspires you?

No comments:

Post a Comment